|1835||Catholic Apostolic Church (CAC) founded by twelve New Apostles.|
|1844||First CAC church in Edinburgh built in Broughton Street.|
|1861||Hamburg Schism. Church in Germany appointed apostles, creating New Apostolic Church|
|1872|| 6 April: Competition for new church announced in The
5 October:† Robert Rowand Andersonís winning design announced in The Builder.
|1873|| 22 November:† Laying of
Start of first phase: nave, chancel, apse and clergy house.
|1877-78||Stained glass by Hardman of Birmingham installed.|
|1884|| Second stage of building work: narthex and baptistery.†
Organ installed in north aisle.
|1893-95||Chancel arch painted by Phoebe Anna Traquair.†|
|1895||Organ moved to south wall.|
|1895-97||South chapel and north aisle painted.|
|1898-1901||Nave and west gable painted.|
|1901|| Death of last New Apostle.†
Ordinations in Catholic Apostolic Church ceased.
|1907||Organ rebuilt and enlarged by Ingram & Co.|
|1924||Phoebe Anna Traquair restored murals in south chapel.|
|1958||Death of last Catholic Apostolic Church priest at Mansfield Place Church ten days after celebrating Easter, congregation leaves, church closed.|
|1960||Death of last Catholic Apostolic Church angel.|
|1970||Death of last Catholic Apostolic Church priest.|
|1974|| Building sold to Bellevue Reformed Baptist Church.†
|1988||23 December:† Building sold to Edinburgh Brick Company.|
|1990||Planning Permission granted for alterations and change of use to offices, including free-standing structure in nave.† Work does not proceed.|
|1992||Friends of Mansfield Place Church founded.|
|1993|| City of Edinburgh Council undertakes emergency repairs
to stop the worst of the water ingress.†
Mansfield Traquair Trust (MTT) established.†
Phoebe Anna Traquair exhibition at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery.
Church open to the public.
|1995|| Historic Scotland undertakes emergency stabilisation
and protection of the murals.†
Planning consent for offices lapses.†
Feasibility study for MTT by Halcrow Fox recommends use of building for functions.†
SCVO adopted as future tenant.†
|1996||Heritage Lottery Fund offers grant of up to £2.8 million.†|
|1997|| February: City of Edinburgh Council serves full
repairs notice on Edinburgh Brick Co.
October: compulsory purchase order served.† Edinburgh Brick Co. lodges objection to CPO.
|1998|| January: City of Edinburgh Council approves emergency
20 February:† MTT purchases the building through an intermediary.
|1999|| Completion of detailed design.†
Building work put out to tender.
|2000|| Heritage Lottery Fund increases grant offer to £3.8
October:† Work starts on site. †
|2002|| End of building work.†
SCVO move in.
|2003||Restoration work on the murals started.|
|2005||Restoration work on the murals completed.|